DOOARS - 04 Nights 05 Nights
|Duration : 4 nights 5 days||Send A Query|
|Package Cost : On Request|
This Dooars package covers Gorumara National Park, Samsing, Sunthalekhola, Murti, Jhalong, Bindu, South Khayerbari, Jaldapara and any three watch towers along with Elephant safari.
If you have a short period to spend in the Dooars and experience the best of forest stay along with Elephant safari this package is best for you
Day Wise Detail Itinerary
Upon arrival at the New Mal junction railway station/airport, you are received and driven to your hotel/resort at Lataguri. This place is close to the Garumara National Park. We prefer to put up our guests in hotels/resorts which give you a feeling of being either in the forest or in a tea garden.
Late in the afternoon, we take you to have a feel of the Forest. Depending upon the availability of tickets/entry passes, we would take you to any one of the following watchtowers at :
- Chukchuki, or
- Jungle Safari which includes a visit to the Mahakal water reservoir.
Overnight at Lataguri Hotel/resort
Murti is a small village by the side of the Murti River. It is an ideal picnic spot where one can enjoy the scenic beauty. Lucky ones can even catch a glimpse of elephants and other animals by the side of Murti River when they come to drink water.
Jhalong is situated on the bank of the river Jaldhaka on the Indo-Bhutan border. It lies at the foothills of the Himalayas, on the way to Bindu in Kalimpong sub-division. Jaldhaka Hydro Electricity Project on Jaldhaka River is a major attraction in this area. Bird lovers can enjoy a varied collection of hill birds as well as migratory water fowls here.
Bindu is the last village of West Bengal before one enters Bhutan. It is a beautiful valley on the bank of the river Jaladhaka. This river serves as a natural physical boundary separating West Bengal and Bhutan. Bindu is also famous for its cardamom plantations. Visit to this place is an experience worth remembering.
Samsing is a tea estate in the Dooars, a small locality of about 100 houses which has grown around the tea gardens. On the top of the hill there is a beautiful Guesthouse. The silence of the place is disturbed only by the noise of the gurgling river Murti, which flows about half a kilometer below. The drive to Samsing is through lush green tea gardens and the descending mist on the tea gardens during the monsoons is a sight to behold. It is a great spot to watch birds.
After breakfast, drive straight for an excursion to South Khayerbari animal rescue centre and Jaldapara Wildlife Sanctuary. As on 11th Jan, 2011, there are eight tigers in South Khayerbari rescue centre of which seven had been seized from different circus troupes and one was brought from Alipore Zoo. The South Khayerbari Animal Rescue Centre is also the home of 18 leopards. A leopard safari (Optional), the only one of its kind in India, can also be availed in South Khayerbari Eco Park.
Declared a wildlife sanctuary in 1991, for the protection of the Indian one-horned rhino, Jaldapara is situated in the foothills of the eastern Himalayas. The river Torsha flows through this rain forest sanctuary which is mostly covered with tall grasses. The sanctuary encompasses luxuriant vegetation and a rich variety of wildlife. The Malangi River also flows nearby from east to west. Riding elephants is the only way to move inside this forest and Visiting time is 9A.M. to 4 p.m.
The forest is mainly of Savannah Type covered with tall elephant grasses. The main attraction of the sanctuary is Asiatic one-horned rhinoceros. The sanctuary holds the highest rhino population in India after Kaziranga National Park in Assam. The other animals found are tigers, elephants, deers, sambhar, barking deer, spotted deer, hog deer, wild pig and bison. Jaldapara is a paradise for bird watchers. It is one of the very few places in India, where the Bengal Florican is sighted. The other birds to be found here are the crested eagle, Pallas's fishing eagle and shikra, besides jungle fowl, peafowl, patridges, and lesser pied hornbill. Python, monitor lizards, kraits, cobras, geckos and about 8 species of fresh water turtles have also been found in the sanctuary here.
Early In the morning, we take you to the watchtowers at Dooars to have a feel of the Forest. Please note that we would not take you to the watchtower/jungle Safari that we have covered on an earlier day.
So depending upon the availability of tickets/entry passes, we would take you to any one of the watchtowers.
These watchtowers could be :
- Chukchuki, or
- Jungle Safari which includes a visit to the Mahakal water reservoir.
In the afternoon, you would check-in either to the Kalipur Eco Village, The Gorumara Elephant Camp or the Rhino Camp. Enjoy the evening at leisure.
Early in the morning, enjoy an Elephant safari. Thereafter, rest of the day is free for leisure. Drop to airport/railway station for onward journey. Tour ends with sweet memories
Note & Other Information
· Children upto 3 years is complimentary
· Child over 3 years and less than 12 years @ 50% of package cost
· Children over 12 yrs considered adult.
- Breakfast, Lunch, Tea & Dinner
- Accommodation at designated hotel on twin sharing basis with bed rolls for extra persons in room.
- Assistance at all arrival and departure points.
- All other specified expenses and activities.
- Exclusive Non AC vehicle for transfers & sightseeing. Please note that vehicle will not be at your disposal, but will be made available as per itinerary only.
- Hotel taxes and Service Charges.
- Costs of transfer to watchtowers.
- Elephant Ride charges, Tribal dance.
- Personal Expenses such as Laundry, telephone calls, tips. Liquor, boating & joy rides.
- Jaldapara Elephant ride and Entry fees.
- Watch tower Entry Fees, guide Charges, Vehicle Entry fees, Vehicle Entry Fees, Forest Gypsy Charges & Individual Entry Fees to watchtower.
- Any other item not specified in “Cost Includes” or specified as “optional”.
- Additional sightseeing or usages of vehicle not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Guide & Entrance Fees.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, or as a result of road blocks, strikes etc. (Extra Costs including hotel charges have to be borne by the tourists directly on the spot). India Beacons Sojourn will not be in any way liable/responsible for any tourists missing their flight due to any unavoidable circumstances beyond the control of India Beacons Sojourn. We shall, in no way, be liable for any refund for such an act.
- Any increase in taxes or fuel, leading to increase in surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- Camera Charges (Still or movie)
- · Booking for Elephant ride at Jaldapara is provided on the spot by the forest department. As no advance booking is possible, elephant ride cannot be guaranteed in advance and as such, the cost does not include the elephant ride and Entry fees.
- · On the last day of the trip, checkout time from the hotel/resort is 12:00 hrs. So if you have your train in the evening, you would either have to check out from the room at 12:00 hrs and spend the day in the lobby or you can request for an extra room at additional cost. Rooms can be arranged only upon availability at that point of time.
- · Tourism in the Dooars has picked up in the last few years. Accommodation available in different places is mostly of Budget and Standard category. If you are looking for 3/4 star hotels, you will be disappointed. Most resorts chosen by India Beacons Sojourn are set amidst beautiful natural surroundings and have clean and basic facilities.
- · For tourist traveling by air, one extra night stay would be required at Siliguri at the end of the tour, since all flights from Bagdogra airport are around the first half of the day. Cost of such extra stay is not included in the tour plan. Hotels cannot be altered once booked.
- · India Beacons Sojourn will not be responsible for civil disturbances, theft, accidents, natural calamities and other such incidents beyond human control.
- · No refund is admissible if a tour is cancelled or altered at the last moment due to unforeseen circumstances like strikes/riots or any other unforeseen events beyond human control.
· 50% advance to be paid upon booking. Balance 50% is to be paid at least 30 days before date of departure. However, if the date of booking is within 30 days of the date of journey, 100% of the package cost is to be paid at the time of booking. Payment can be made by cash/Cheque or by direct transfer to our Current A/c vide the following details :
· ACCOUNT HOLDER’S NAME : INDIA BEACONS SOJOURN
· CURRENT ACCOUNT NO : 127905000039
· BANK : ICICI BANK LTD, HAZRA BRANCH, KOLKATA
· IFSC CODE : ICIC0001279
(a) If written intimation is received at least 30 days or more in advance from the date of booking, then 30% of Total Bill amount will be charged as cancellation fees.
(b) If written intimation is received within a period of 29 days and 15 days of the date of booking, 50% of the Total Bill will be charged as cancellation Fees.
(c) No refund is allowed if written intimation of cancellation is received within 14 days of date of booking.