5 N 6D Dooars with Chapramari
|Duration : 5 Nights 6 Days||Send A Query|
|Package Cost : On Request|
5N 6D DOOARS
Covers: Gorumara National Park, Chapramari Forest, Samsing, Sunthalekhola, Murti, Jhalong, Bindu, South Khayerbari, Jaldapara and any one watch tower.
Day Wise Detail Itinerary
Day 1: New Mal Junction to Lataguri.
Upon arrival at the New Mal junction railway station/airport, you are received and driven to your hotel/resort at Lataguri. This place is close to the Garumara National Park. We prefer to put up our guests in hotels/resorts which give you a feeling of being either in the forest or in a tea garden.
Late in the afternoon, we take you to have a feel of the Forest. Depending upon the availability of tickets/entry passes, we would take you to any one of the following watchtowers at:
· Chukchuki, or
· Gorumara Jungle Safari which includes a visit to the Mahakal water reservoir.
Overnight at Lataguri Hotel/resort
Day 2: Excursion to South Khayerbari and Jaldapara.
After breakfast, drive straight for an excursion to South Khayerbari animal rescue centre and Jaldapara Wildlife Sanctuary. As on 11th Jan, 2011, there are eight tigers in South Khayerbari rescue centre of which seven had been seized from different circus troupes and one was brought from Alipore Zoo. The South Khayerbari Animal Rescue Centre is also the home of 18 leopards. A leopard safari (Optional), the only one of its kind in India, can also be availed in South Khayerbari Eco Park.
Declared a wildlife sanctuary in 1991, for the protection of the Indian one-horned rhino, Jaldapara is situated in the foothills of the eastern Himalayas. The river Torsha flows through this rain forest sanctuary which is mostly covered with tall grasses. The sanctuary encompasses luxuriant vegetation and a rich variety of wildlife. The Malangi River also flows nearby from east to west. Riding elephants is the only way to move inside this forest and Visiting time is 9A.M. to 4 p.m.
The forest is mainly of Savannah Type covered with tall elephant grasses. The main attraction of the sanctuary is Asiatic one-horned rhinoceros. The sanctuary holds the highest rhino population in India after Kaziranga National Park in Assam. The other animals found are tigers, elephants, deers, sambhar, barking deer, spotted deer, hog deer, wild pig and bison. Jaldapara is a paradise for bird watchers. It is one of the very few places in India, where the Bengal Florican is sighted. The other birds to be found here are the crested eagle, Pallas's fishing eagle and shikra, besides jungle fowl, peafowl, patridges, and lesser pied hornbill. Python, monitor lizards, kraits, cobras, geckos and about 8 species of fresh water turtles have also been found in the sanctuary here.
A thrilling elephant safari is organized in the early morning from Hollong to offer the exquisite beauty of the vast grassland of Jaldapara. You can also enjoy the jeep safari (Optional) inside the sanctuary which is another main attraction.
Overnight at Lataguri Hotel/resort
Day 3: Excursion to Murti, Jhalong, Bindu and transfer to Murti
This morning after breakfast, you would check out from the hotel at Lataguri and take you for an excursion to Murti, Jhalong and Bindu.
Murti is a small village by the side of the Murti River. It is an ideal picnic spot where one can enjoy the scenic beauty. Lucky ones can even catch a glimpse of elephants and other animals by the side of Murti River when they come to drink water.
Jhalong is situated on the bank of the river Jaldhaka on the Indo-Bhutan border. It lies at the foothills of the Himalayas, on the way to Bindu in Kalimpong sub-division. Jaldhaka Hydro Electricity Project on Jaldhaka River is a major attraction in this area. Bird lovers can enjoy a varied collection of hill birds as well as migratory water fowls here.
Bindu is the last village of West Bengal before one enters Bhutan. It is a beautiful valley on the bank of the river Jaladhaka. This river serves as a natural physical boundary separating West Bengal and Bhutan. Bindu is also famous for its cardamom plantations. Visit to this place is an experience worth remembering.
Overnight at Murti Hotel/resort.
Day 4: Excursion to Samsing, Sunthalekhola and Rocky Island
After breakfast, we take you for an excursion to Samsing & Sunthalekhola. Samsing is a tea estate in the Dooars, a small locality of about 100 houses which has grown around the tea gardens. On the top of the hill there is a beautiful Guesthouse. The silence of the place is disturbed only by the noise of the gurgling river Murti, which flows about half a kilometer below. The drive to Samsing is through lush green tea gardens and the descending mist on the tea gardens during the monsoons is a sight to behold. It is a great spot to watch birds.
Suntalekhola or Suntaley Khola (also Suntaleykhola) is a small village and a tourist spot in the Darjeeling District of West Bengal. The altitude of the place ranges from 650 to 950 m. It gets its name from a small stream: Suntaley Khola. In Nepali, Suntaley means orange and khola means stream. This place is nearly 5 km from Samsing. The green patch on the left side of the way to Suntalekhola is amazing and holds many rarities of birds and butterflies.
Another attractive tourist spot is the `Rocky island nature resort` on the banks of river Murti. This is about 2 km from Samsing. The view of the river and surrounding forests are excellent from Rocky Island. It involves walking a bit to get the best view.
Overnight at Murti Hotel/resort
Day 5: Chapramari Wild Life Camp.
After breakfast, checkout and drive to the Chapramari Wildlife Camp at Panjhora. Spend the day at leisure enjoying the beauty of the place and get the feel of staying inside the forest.
In the evening go for a visit to the Chapramari forest and also enjoy an evening of Tribal Dance.
Overnight at Chapramari Wildlife Camp (Panjhora)
Day 6: Checkout and transfer to NJP/Bagdogra
Note & Other Information
- · Children upto 3 years is complimentary
- · Child between 3 years and 8 years @ 75% of package Cost per adult
- · Children over 8 years considered adult.
- · Breakfast, Lunch, Tea & Dinner
- · Accommodation at designated hotel on twin sharing basis with bed rolls for extra persons in room.
- · Assistance at all arrival and departure points.
- · All other specified expenses and activities.
- · Exclusive Non AC vehicle for transfers & sightseeing. Please note that vehicle will not be at your disposal, but will be made available as per itinerary only.
- · Hotel taxes and Service Charges.
- · Costs of transfer to watchtowers.
- · Personal Expenses such as Laundry, telephone calls, tips. Liquor, boating & joy rides.
- · Jaldapara Elephant ride and Entry fees.
- · Any other item not specified in “Cost Includes” or specified as “optional”.
- · Additional sightseeing or usages of vehicle not mentioned in the itinerary.
- · Costs of watch tower Entry Fees, guide Charges, Vehicle Entry fees, Vehicle Entry Fees, Forest Gypsy Charges & Individual Entry Fees to watchtower
- · Any cost arising due to illness or as a result of natural calamities like, landslides, or as a result of road blocks, strikes etc. (Extra Costs including hotel charges have to be borne by the tourists directly on the spot). India Beacons Sojourn will not be in any way liable/responsible for any tourists missing their flight due to any unavoidable circumstances beyond the control of India Beacons Sojourn. We shall, in no way, be liable for any refund for such an act.
- · Any increase in taxes or fuel, leading to increase in surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- · Camera Charges (Still or movie)
- · Booking for Elephant ride at Jaldapara is provided on the spot by the forest department. As no advance booking is possible, elephant ride cannot be guaranteed in advance and as such, the cost does not include the elephant ride and Entry fees.
- · Tourism in the Dooars has picked up in the last few years. Accommodation available in different places is mostly of Budget and Standard category. If you are looking for 3/4 star hotels, you will be disappointed. Most resorts chosen by India Beacons Sojourn are set amidst beautiful natural surroundings and have clean and basic facilities.
- · For tourist traveling by air, one extra night stay would be required at Siliguri at the end of the tour, since all flights from Bagdogra airport are around the first half of the day. Cost of such extra stay is not included in the tour plan. Hotels cannot be altered once booked.
- · India Beacons Sojourn will not be responsible for civil disturbances, theft, accidents, natural calamities and other such incidents beyond human control.
- · No refund is admissible if a tour is cancelled or altered at the last moment due to unforeseen circumstances like strikes/riots or any other unforeseen events beyond human control.