3N 4D Sundarbans, The Indian Amazon
Sundarbans, The Indian Amazon
|Duration : 3 Nights 4 Days||Send A Query|
|Package Cost : On Request|
Watchtowers Covered :
Special Attractions :
Optional Activities and Events :
Day Wise Detail Itinerary
Kolkata to Sundarbans : Pickup from Kolkata in an exclusive vehicle and drive to Godhkhali, a journey of about 3 hrs. We transfer you from Godhkhali jetty by motor boat to the resort/hotel located in the Sundarbans Islands. This journey would take you down the rivers Hogil, Gomar, Durgaduni and Gumdi in about an hour and a half. After lunch, set off on motor boat and view wildlife from the Sajnekhali watchtower and visit the Sajnekhali Museum and Mangrove Interpretation Centre. Thereafter we visit the Sudhanyakhali watch tower. Most of the tigers are sighted from this tower. Some other wildlife like axis deers, wild boars and crocodiles may also be seen from this watch tower. There is a sweet water pond where animals come to drink water. Behind the pond are stretches of land bereft of any vegetation where one can sight animals from a distance. Dinner and night halt at the hotel/resort.
Sundarbans : The second day involves cruising through the deep creeks and covering the watchtowers of Burir Dabri, Kumirmari as well as Morich Jhapi. Burirdabri is famous for its watchtower, a mudwalk and mangrove cage trail leading to a viewpoint known as Raimongal View Point. Visit the watch Tower at Burirdabri camp. The Kumirmari watchtower offers an exciting view of the jungles. Overlooking an untamed forestscape, enjoy the sights and sounds of nature resplendent in her pristine virginal beauty. You can also take a stroll through the Kumirmari bazaar if you want to have a first-hand view of a typical rustic Indian market place.
Sundarbans : The third day involves a full day cruise through the rivers and narrow creeks and a lovely birding experience. Food would be prepared and served on the motor boat. Start after bed tea and visit the various watch towers of Neti Dhopani (Subject to weather and tide conditions permitting) as well as Do Banki. The canopy walk at Do Banki gives you an opportunity to view wildlife from a netted enclosure. Next on our itinerary would be the Spotted Deer Rehabilitation Centre. Thereafter, enjoy the thrill of cruising deep in the “Indian Amazon"¯ as India Beacons calls it and also around the islands of the Sundarban Tiger Project Area. Let yourself be guided by our Naturalist and Guide to view the Mangrove forest from close quarters, deep inside the creeks and return in the evening. Overnight stay would be at the hotel/boat. The Netidhopani watchtower offers one a view of the ruins of a 400 year old Shiva Temple. It is also believed that there is a road on the extreme right of the forest which was built by King Pratapaditya to guard the coastal area. It is now covered with earth. There is also a sweet water pond. This watch tower has a capacity to host 20 persons at a time.
Note & Other Information
- Transportation Cost - Pickup from Kolkata (Parama Island near Science City) and drop back to Kolkata at same spot. Other pickup points as per your convenience is extra chargeable.
- Welcome drinks (Non Achoholic) on arrival
- Accomodation as per your plan in resorts/boats
- Boat Fare
- Food plan is AP (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner). We serve typical Bengali cuisines
- Guide Charges, Entry Fees to Watchtowers and boat Entry Fees
- Foreigner's Entry Fees
- All kind of personal expenses such as tips, laundry, telephone bills, and beverages.
- It does not include any meals unless and otherwise specifically mentioned.
- Camera charges, Optional, suggested or unspecified activities.
- Itinerary is subject to change/alterations as the visit to the various watchtowers depend upon weather and tide conditions. However, all watchtowers and destinations as mentioned in the itinerary will definitely be covered.